Mariners are friendship groups of couples and singles aged 40+ who meet every month in relaxed settings for socializing and serving together. They share the joys and challenges of living in today’s culture while getting to know each other through activities and service. Joining a Mariners group is a path to deeper relationships within Centerpoint. Mariners groups are open to all friends of Centerpoint—you don’t have to be a church member to join and take part in the experiences.
Based on their members’ interests each group sets its own activities and agenda for the year and are led by their own elected leaders. Naturally, the activities and service are many and varied. Activities are planned to avoid a major impact on your personal budget. The service projects are convenient and fun.
Here are some examples of recent outings and service projects:
• Music concerts or theater
• Family fun at Folsom Lake
• Rivercats Baseball
• Tours of Underground Old Sac
• Sacramento River Cruise
• Game nights with dessert
• Amtrak to San Francisco
• Biking, hiking, picnicking
• Potluck or catered dinners
• Serving meals to the homeless at the Gathering Inn
• Serving at Teen Challenge’s Alpha Henson Home and at Acres of Hope
• Volunteering at Centerpoint Fall Festival
To learn more or join click here