Local Opportunities to Serve
Samarian's Purse Shasta County Fire Response
There is a huge need for people to help sift through their property to recover precious keepsakes and share the love of Christ with those facing unthinkable losses. You can volunteer for a day or more, trainng is conducted by Samaritan's Purse. Click below to sign up, or for more information.
Crestmont Elementary & Eich Intermediate Volunteer Opportunities
- Campus Life: Operates a club at Eich Middle School on Mondays during the school year 1:30-3:30pm and Fridays 7:30-9:30am. Volunteers are needed to cook and serve food and drinks, play games with the students and show them the love of Jesus. You can volunteer one or two days a week, bi-weekly, monthly or be a substitute. Campus Life Program provides a "safe" place for students to hear positive messages of character, confidence and responsibility.
- Crestmont Tutoring: Volunteer to work with students on their homework, in the areas of reading, math and science.
If interest in any of these volunteer opportunities please contact Marlena Sprague.
Grace City Network
Join us, along with The Grace Network ministry in the community of Del Paso Heights. If you would like to donate to their Resource Closet they are in need of the following: Diapers, wipes, feminine hygiene items, men's clothes (sweatshirts, short sleeve), larger women's clothes, men and women's interview/business clothes and shoes, tennis shoes. For Questions contact Rod Wurst.
Acres of Hope - Volunteer Opportunities - they need volunteers for House Assistant, Children's Assistant, and Family Driver
ReNew Boutique: www.acresofhoperenewstores.org
Located at 1725 Santa Clara Drive in Roseville. Contact (916) 788-0275 or
- Donate gently used women's, men's, children's clothing, accessories, home goods, decor and furniture.
- Volunteer to sort and tag donations, greet and serve patrons
Acres of Hope: www.acresofhopeonline.org
Children's Program (application & fingerprinting required)
Contact Leslie mcGhee at (530) 878-8030 x487 or email@example.com
- Child Development Aids
- Arts & crafts planning & volunteers - Baby holders
- Babysitters (Thursday evenings)
- Drivers for appointments
- Snack packers
Property & Grounds/Program Supervision
Contact Mary Rochin at (530) 878-8030 x483 or
- Cottage homes maintenance/repair
- Handymen/women (plumbing, licensed electrical, appliance repair, etc.)
- Groundskeeper/landscaping (skilled & unskilled laborers)
- Vehicle and bicycle maintenance and repair
- PC & networking support
Contact Diane Maze at (530) 878-8030 X481 or
- Event planning, ambassadors & fundraising support
- Volunteer coordination & management
- Website support/videographer
- Database entry & office admin.
For more information contact Jeri Honberger
Sac Valley Teen Challenge Center
This Christ-centered program has graduated over 32 students this year who have learned to trust Jesus Christ with their futures - free from addiction. There is a Men's Center downtown Sacramento and a Women's Center in the foothills near Lincoln.
Looking for a Local Mission Opportunity? Try one of these!
- Monetary gifts
- Sign up to be a DRIVER for the Men's or Women's Center 1 day/month to take one student to appointments
- Be a MENTOR for one student: 1-3 hours per month for 9-12 months - training available
- Organize a group to TAKE DINNER to either the Men's or Women's Center and enjoy spending time encouraging them and listening to their stories
- Join the "TC Women's Auxiliary" for a more organized group who plan crafts, fundraising projects or activities to encourage the students
- Hair Stylists and Barbers are needed - 1 day a month
- Call for pickups of donations to the Teen Challenge Thrift Store
- Handyman needed for various projects
- Donations of clothes, furniture, electronics and household items
Visit www.TeenChallenge.ws to see more opportunities to serve this Local Mission or contact Diane Larson for more information.