- Military Care Packages: Each spring, Centerpoint partners with Blue and Gold Star Moms/Dads to send packages to deployed men and women. Last year our congregation did an amazing job of honoring our troops by preparing and sending over 275 care packages. There will be empty boxes available to pick up in the church office and on the Courtyard. If you would like to donate items (without filling a box), you can bring the items on the drop - off days.Care packages can be dropped off on the Courtyard on May 14, May 21 and May 28 or in the church office during the week. If you can help with the Military Care Packing Party on Wednesday, May 31(anytime between 9:30am and 4:00pm), please sign up on the Courtyard or contact Sharon Wurst or Karen Fales.
- >>Download Packing List Suggestions<<
Acres of Hope - Volunteer Opportunities
ReNew Boutique: www.acresofhoperenewstores.org
- Donate gently used women's, men's, children's clothing, accessories, home goods, decor and furniture.
- Volunteer to sort and tag donations, greet and serve patrons
Acres of Hope: www.acresofhopeonline.org
Children's Program (application & fingerprinting required)
- Child Development Aids
- Arts & crafts planning & volunteers - Baby holders
- Babysitters (Thursday evenings)
- Drivers for appointments
- Snack packers
Property & Grounds/Program Supervision
- Cottage homes maintenance/repair
- Handymen/women (plumbing, licensed electrical, appliance repair, etc.)
- Groundskeeper/landscaping (skilled & unskilled laborers)
- Vehicle and bicycle maintenance and repair
- PC & networking support
- Event planning, ambassadors & fundraising support
- Volunteer coordination & management
- Website support/videographer
- Database entry & office admin.
For more information contact Jeri Honberger
Sac Valley Teen Challenge Center
This Christ-centered program has graduated over 32 students this year who have learned to trust Jesus Christ with their futures - free from addiction. There is a Men's Center downtown Sacramento and a Women's Center in the foothills near Lincoln.
Looking for a Local Mission Opportunity? Try one of these!
- Monetary gifts
- Sign up to be a DRIVER for the Men's or Women's Center 1 day/month to take one student to appointments
- Be a MENTOR for one student: 1-3 hours per month for 9-12 months - training available
- Organize a group to TAKE DINNER to either the Men's or Women's Center and enjoy spending time encouraging them and listening to their stories
- Join the "TC Women's Auxiliary" for a more organized group who plan crafts, fundraising projects or activities to encourage the students
- Hair Stylists and Barbers are needed - 1 day a month
- Call for pickups of donations to the Teen Challenge Thrift Store
- Handyman needed for various projects
- Donations of clothes, furniture, electronics and household items
Visit www.TeenChallenge.ws to see more opportunities to serve this Local Mission or contact Diane Larson, 916-223-8784 for more information.